X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 Suburban to 66 Wagoneer Drive train swap

My Wagoneer has the stock Dana 27 in front and Dana 44 in the rear I think the T case is a spicer 20? I want to use as much as I can from the Stock 89 suburban including the TBI 350, 700R4, and everything under the hood. I want Discs up front and I would like to use the BJ's 4 inch lift kit. I want to avoid cutting the fenders and I am happy running 33's or smaller. Will the axles fit? or am I better off finding a different donor. I know I will have to cut the drive shafts due to the shorter wheel base. Both should have passanger side T case.

You'll have some work to do in the 66 to get it where you want. You might be better off selling the '66 and buying a 1976 or later, as they will have the more modern style of suspension. Ideally, a 1980 and later would be best as you will have a mostly centered rear, modern suspension, better electronics, which would save you a ton of time, work and headache. That will also get you front discs stock, and our 4" and 6" will bolt right on. With a narrowtrack, you can fit 31's at full flex with a 4" and 33's at full flex with a 6".

Comment

Another issue I see with running the Chev axles is that they are a BUNCH wider than the axles in your Wagoneer. You would need to run some sort of a fender flare (like the widetrack rigs) to cover the tires.

Comment

they look better with flares anyway

Comment

Working...
        X