X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater Core Housing

Hi everyone. I am new to the forums and recently purchased an 83 Cherokee. I took out the heater core casing to replace the core and found a large hole in the side of the housing. My question is if anyone knows what years of Cherokees use the same heater core housing so I can start searching salvage yards for one without a hole. Any help would be much appreciated!

look for a 60's or early 70's model, as they were made of metal back then, and are a direct fit. You may have to slightly bend the heater core upper tubes by hand just a hair to fit (I had to on mine)

Comment

Great, thanks Ryan that helps a lot. I live in Kansas and have not had much luck finding anything at a salvage yet but now I know what to look for. If anyone lives around there and knows of any good parts Jeeps let me know please!

Comment

where

I live in KC,MO I just bought a heater core box from a 79, it was not metal like my 78 box but I got lucky finding it, I know a guy around here that might also have one.He lives just inside the Kansas MO border. Where are you located?

Comment

Working...
        X